17 Apr 2018
Indian Ocean Fresh Australia (IOFA) has been announced as a State Winner in the 2018 delicious. Produce Awards for their Geraldton Yellowtail Kingfish.
Entry in the prestigious state awards was via nomination by a leading Australian chef and submission of an application. IOFA’s Geraldton Kingfish are now invited to enter into the national judging, which will be held in Sydney in May.
The Geraldton based marine finfish aquaculture company farms Yellowtail Kingfish in the natural, oceanic waters of the Indian Ocean, off the coast of Geraldton, Western Australia and ships to distributors and restaurants nationally and internationally.
IOFA Managing Director Erica Starling was thrilled with the result and said the win was encouraging for the fledging Mid West aquaculture industry.
“We were thrilled just to be nominated, so to come away as a State winner is an exciting and amazing result,” Ms Starling said.
“Many of our customers are producing outstanding quality dishes with our fish and the win reinforces that we strive for the highest standards throughout our entire aquaculture process.
“This result raises the profile of Yellowtail Kingfish as a premium fresh fish product. Western Australia is highly regarded for its wild catch seafood, and it’s great to see that aquaculture produce from this region can also be of such a high standard.
“It is also especially rewarding for the whole IOFA team and supporters of aquaculture in the Mid West, after many years of research and development and plain hard work.”
Ms Starling also thanked her many customers and suppliers for their ongoing support of IOFA.
The delicious. Produce Awards are a celebration of Australia’s magnificent bounty of ethical, sustainable and innovative ingredients, and the passionate, talented people behind them, as nominated by the country’s top chefs and restaurateurs. Now in their thirteenth year, the delicious. Produce Awards aim to spotlight new and native products, and consistently outstanding producers who are often the unsung heroes behind every great chef and every great meal.
For further information on the delicious Produce Awards please visit:
• Indian Ocean Fresh Australia is based in Geraldton, Western Australia.
• Owned and operated by Erica Starling, IOFA have been marine finfish farming in Geraldton since 2008, firstly with Mulloway and now with Yellow Tail Kingfish.
• Successful trials of Yellow Tail Kingfish marine finfish farming in conjunction with the Mid West Development Commission have led to commercial production.
• IOFA supplies premium Yellow Tail Kingfish to the domestic Australian seafood market and to international exports markets.
• For further information please visit www.iofa.com.au
For all media enquiries please contact Erica Starling – firstname.lastname@example.org